Tips for staying safe this Memorial Weekend
Are you hosting or attending a Memorial Weekend party where alcohol will be served?
The first summer holiday weekend is here and it is time to think about safety when making plans for driving…
Drunk driving is one of the biggest killers on American roadways. In 2016, almost 30 percent of traffic fatalities were caused by wrecks involving an impaired driver, resulting in more than 10,000 deaths.
Tips to Avoid Drunk Driving
- Choose a designated driver before you head to the party.
- If you plan on drinking at the party, download the app for a car service (ex. Uber) BEFORE you leave for the party.
- Plan how you will return home BEFORE you leave for the party. Tell a friend your plan.
- Do not drink any alcohol if you are a designated driver – it is your responsibility to transport your friends home safely
- If a friend tries to drive home after drinking, take his or her keys away and help this person find a ride home
- If you are hosting a party encourage guests at your party to not consume too much alcohol at once. Inquire how people are getting home, help them, do not let them leave
- Serve food and non-alcoholic drinks to help prevent people from getting severely intoxicated.
- If you have been involved in an accident with a drunk driver, give us a call for legal assistance. You could be entitled to compensation for any damages you have suffered.
Get your questions answered - Call for a Free Consultation (817) 380-8362