Safe Holiday Driving
The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is encouraging Thanksgiving travelers to practice safe driving habits during the long holiday weekend to help keep Texas roadways safer for everyone.
DPS offers the following tips for safe travel during the Thanksgiving holiday:
- Don’t drink and drive. Designate a driver or take a cab.
- Eliminate distractions, including the use of mobile devices.
- Buckle up everyone in the vehicle – it’s the law.
- Slow down – especially in bad weather, construction areas and heavy traffic.
- Slow down or move over for police, fire, EMS and Texas Department of Transportation vehicles and tow trucks that are stopped on the side of the road with emergency lights activated – it’s the law.
- Don’t drive fatigued.
- Drive defensively, as holiday travel may present additional challenges.
- Make sure your vehicle is properly maintained before your trip begins.
DPS troopers will be patrolling Texas roadways throughout the holiday weekend to promote safety and identify dangerous drivers.
Get your questions answered - Call for a Free Consultation (817) 380-8362