Ken Kraatz joined the firm after graduating from law school in 1988, and became a partner in 1992. His current practice areas include commercial truck wrecks, oil field injury claims, construction job site accidents, product liability cases, and personal injury and insurance claims.
“H. G. Wells, the firm’s founder, was my uncle and my idol when I was a young man. I always thought that what he did would be a very satisfying career. Unlike most people, I went to law school knowing what I wanted to do. I relocated to Fort Worth in 1988 to practice law with my uncle. He taught me many things:
- Be honest to your clients and yourself.
- Be realistic and passionate about your cases.
- Never forget you are here to help people.
- Your reputation is your most important asset.
- Be fair, honest, and an advocate.
- Be an advocate for your client and civil justice system.
- Tell people the truth, even if they don’t want to hear it.
- Remember, you are part of the best justice system in the world.
- Make decisions and never look back.
- Let your conscience be your guide.
I was right about the job that H. G. trained me to do. Helping people through the civil justice system is demanding and stressful at times. But, when our clients are happy with the result and the outcome changes their lives, all the members of our firm feel a sense of accomplishment. The work is hard, but the lessons H. G. taught continue at this firm.”
Bar & Court Admissions
- Texas, 1988
- Texas Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
“Many people come to us when their lives have been damaged by injury or illness. Our job is to convince the insurance company of the amount of harm that has been caused and help our client’s reclaim their lifestyle. The joy of our work comes from seeing our client’s regain control of their lives after an injury or illness.“
Certification and Recognitions
- Board Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, signifying the highest level of ethical standards and professionalism
- State Bar of Texas
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- The American Association of Justice, member
- American Board of Trail Advocates(ABOTA), member
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors 1994-2009
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association. President 2011
- Texas College of Law J.D., 1988
- San Diego State University, B.A., Finance, 1982
- AV Rated Martindale Hubbell
Life Beyond the Bar
Ken is an avid golfer and follows college sports with a keen interest. His oldest daughter converted him and his wife, Julie, into University of Oklahoma fans. Ken and his family belong to University United Methodist Church.
Whether you need legal advice and guidance to hold liable parties responsible for personal injury disputes, we invite you to contact our law firm. To arrange an appointment call (817) 380-8362 or toll free at (800) 882-4529. There is no charge for an initial consultation to find out how our attorneys can help resolve your legal matter.
Wells, Purcell & Kraatz.
1619 Pennsylvania Ave
“A great big thank you for what your firm did for me. I am so glad you all were the “one” in my corner.”
“Words cannot express my gratitude for all that you have done. I really appreciate the fact that you handled the case without putting added pressures on me. Truly my confidence was in you.”
“I wanted to thank you again for all you do for us, especially helping us with questions and advice. You are always so kind and willing to answer our concerns.”